Friday, January 2, 2009

Rushing for Countdown

I was in the train gazing out the window when the fireworks exploded. The blooming fireworks marks the ending of the year Rat and the beginning of the Ox year.

Sitting opposite me, there were two foreign ladies. They were peeping at me for several times, whispering to each others ear in their language. There was an urge in me wanted to wish them Happy New Year.

I did not.

Imagine if I did, there will be ended up with two possibilities. Either they'll warmly greet me back, or ignore me and leave me embarrassed. Not knowing their reaction pulling me back from risking it.

They continued their whispers and giggled among themselves. I held my curiosity and stayed cool. One station after another;

"Next station, Bangsar. Bangsar"
, the announcement radio sounded.
Slowly, I stood up and walked out from the train. Then, I stole a quick glance at them through the window. They quickly looked away.

I smiled and walked my way towards the exit.

End.

PS: New year, new blog. Hope to see some supports from you guys!


No comments:

Post a Comment