Sunday, January 11, 2009

Price Comparing

It was Friday and Mid Valley shopping mall was filled to excess with the usual crowds. Jobless housewives with their after school kids were busy walking around the mall, for nothing. Mid Valley was well known for being the most crowded mall with the best selling on everything, compared to other malls.

Aggravated, my friend, Ming Kee and I were at the most populated floor, the lower ground Jusco floor for our brunch. The earlier mentioned unemployeed mothers and their kids were part of the population crowding Jusco to grab their Chinese New Year tidbits and snacks. Somehow, it appeared to be more like a Hungry Ghost Festival there.

"Hey Dude, the star pillow!", Ming Kee screamed while she pointed at the yellow colour star shaped pillow with a smiley face on it. "How much is it?", she asked the lady who stood beside the booth.

"10 ringgit", she replied with her most intimidating smile.

"Erm....nevermind lah" Ming Kee uttered. "Because previously I bought the big one for the same price."

The lady's forced smile immediately changed hostile as we walked away.

"Things are so expensive here", Ming Kee complained. "I can get the same thing at cheaper price in Sungei Wang!", she added.

"It is like that here, not like you don't already know", I said.

"Yeah, seriously next time we could just window shop here and buy it in Sungei Wang."

"Stop mumbling there already!", I growled, cutting off her murmuring as we reached KFC for our brunch.

At there, KFC was bursting at the seams just like any other restaurants. It wasn't much option for us but to join the queue satisfying Ming Kee's sudden crave for KFC food. After meal, we continued our walk to burn some time.

"Hey, the clothes in here not bad", I commented.

"Yeah, grab one or two then", Ming Kee replied, in her most sarcastic tone.

"Not that I don't want to, but I have issues with the price", I said. "I can get the same thing at the cheaper price in Sungei Wang!"

"Oh my god! Since when you starts to sound like me?!", she uttered, showing her surprised reaction.

"Haha..."

I just laughed while walking our way out of the clothing store. There will always be some price comparing.

End.

No comments:

Post a Comment